KNS Media Center
The KNS Media Center features a library of more than 14,000 print and media resources, wi-fi connectivity, printers, electronic presentation systems, a 20-station computer lab and areas for classes, individual study and group meetings
Links & Libraries
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Gay Keyes, 843-715-8517
If you wish to reserve the KNS Media Center or you have a question....ask the librarian! Click below.
Lower School Media Center Program
Goals of the Lower School Media Center Program
- Help each student discover the work of a variety of authors and illustrators and develop his or her own list of favorites.
- Enable each student to locate, evaluate and use materials and information independently.
- Acquire and maintain an up-to-date and balanced collection to meet the needs of each user and to support the curriculum of Hilton Head Prep.
- Students, faculty and Hilton Head Prep families are welcome to visit KNS Media Center to study, conduct classes and utilize resources. Space is available for group meetings and functions on a reserved basis.
- Lower school students visit the KNS Media Center at least once during the six-day rotation. JK students come to the KNS Media Center twice during the six-day rotation.
- All students and teachers are encouraged to use the media center frequently.
- Middle school students visit the KNS Media Center with their classes and may visit independently during their break, lunch, before or after school or when sent with permission by their teacher.
- Upper School students may use the KNS Media Center independently for academic pursuits.
- Borrowing privileges are determined by student age, classroom needs and number of items currently checked out.
- Students are expected to return materials as soon as they are finished with them (preferably, not to exceed two weeks). If an item is in high demand, students may be asked to return them earlier so that others may use them.
- There are no fines for overdue items, but we do ask for replacement of books that are lost or damaged beyond repair.
- Parents are invited to use the KNS Media Center's resources and check out reading material for their own use or for their children's use.