Welcome to the Alumni Portal -- the online community for alumni of Hilton Head Prep, May River Academy and Sea Pines Academy! We have a very unique history with alumni from three schools, which is why the Alumni Portal is so important. It's a great resource for everyone -- whether you graduated in 1972, 2016 or somewhere in between.
"Buy A Box" Care Package
Each year, the Hilton Head Prep Alumni Association mails special care packages to the most recent graduating class, just in time for their first college exams in November. What better way to say we care than to send a box of study treats and special notes of encouragement from some of their favorite, most influential teachers?
This year, we are offering each of you the opportunity to "buy a box" for members of the Class of 2016!
Help us show our most recent graduates that the relationship between our alumni and their alma mater doesn't end with a high school diploma. You are one of our biggest assets and we are always here for you!
The Hilton Head Prep Alumni Association was established in the mid 1990's by a group of committed alumni who wanted to renew friendships with old classmates from Sea Pines Academy, May River Academy and Hilton Head Prep.
Today, the Alumni Association plans events and reunions, communicates regularly with alumni through Class Reps and Facebook ("like" the Hilton Head Prep Alumni page!), and organizes events for current seniors, who are soon to be our newest members! Any student who attended Hilton Head Prep, Sea Pines Academy or May River Academy for at least one year is considered a member of the Alumni Association.
The Alumni Association is governed by a Board of Directors, whose qualifications include demonstrated involvement, support and commitment to Hilton Head Prep and the Alumni Association. Board members must:
- Attend regularly scheduled board meetings.
- Advocate in the community for Hilton Head Prep and the Alumni Association.
- Identify and cultivate alumni in areas such as student recruitment, leadership and financial support.
- Exercise loyalty toward the school and the Alumni Association as well as confidentiality regarding items discussed at Board meetings.
- Contribute financially to Hilton Head Prep at a level appropriate to their capacity as donors.
We strongly encourage alumni to be actively involved in the Alumni Association - you have no idea what it means to current students to have you involved and how much they benefit by your experience!
If you are in the Hilton Head / Bluffton area and wish to be more involved in the Alumni Association, please email Director of Alumni Relations, Bethany Wilkinson.
One or two students in each graduating class of Hilton Head Prep are selected to be the Class Reps. Class Reps play an essential role as the conduit between the school and its alumni. Specifically, a Class Rep:
Shares the good news! We rely on our Class Reps to collect Class Notes for Perspectives and pass along news, such as marriages, births, new jobs or promotions as well as any changes in their contact information. We, in turn, also want you to share Hilton Head Prep news with your classmates. -Encourage them to "like" the Hilton Head Prep Alumni Facebook page and use the Alumni Portal to update profiles, submit news and photos, and search the alumni database. Submit a Class Note!
- Encourages classmates to carry on the tradition of supporting the Annual Fund! We hope alumni remember to include Hilton Head Prep in their annual giving to ensure the continued excellence of their alma mater.
- Plans reunions! A reunion is a great way to reconnect with old friends and we are happy to help. We can plan the logistics, but the Class Reps are the “cheerleaders” who provide the greatest incentive for others to come back.
- Designs their class page on the Alumni Portal! Class Reps are the administrators of their class page. They can upload photos, add news and interact with friends.
* Want to be a Class Rep? We need Class Reps for 1972, 1974, 1976, 1980, 1983, 1994, 1999, and 2007. To volunteer ~ or to nominate a classmate ~ contact Director of Alumni Development Bethany Wilkinson.
Recognizing the importance of alumni to the school, Hilton Head Preparatory School offers a Legacy Scholarship for the 2017-2018 school year. The Legacy Scholarship, awarded to children of Hilton Head Prep, May River Academy, and Sea Pines Academy alumni, are based upon academic strength, character and commitment to excellence.
Eligibility ~ new applicants entering junior kindergarten through grade 12 whose parent or grandparent is an alumnus of Hilton Head Preparatory School, Sea Pines Academy, or May River Academy are eligible to apply.
Awards ~ the recipient is awarded a $5,000 scholarship toward tuition that will remain renewable as long as the recipient remains in good academic and social standing while attending Hilton Head Prep. Legacy scholars will be required to pay the standard enrollment deposit to hold their space for the upcoming school year. Additional fees are the sole responsibility of the family.
Application process ~ complete the full application for admission, including submitting teacher recommendations, completing admission testing, and visiting the school’s campus. Applicants are encouraged to complete the regular financial aid application process so that regular financial aid packages can be determined concurrently. Without a complete financial aid application, students will not be considered for need-based aid (separate from the scholarship).
Selection ~ the applications will be reviewed by a faculty committee, who will then choose the Legacy Scholarship recipients.
For more information contact the Admissions Office at (843) 671-2286.